Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ten weeks

There I go with dates again.

It was 10 weeks ago I went into the hospital to deliver the boys. We left here at the crack of dawn, but I didn't deliver until just before and just after midnight. Last of the placenta was dragged out of me around 4am, I think. The longest, worst 24 hours of my life.

I realized last week that I passed the dates (the 3rd & 4th) of the month they were born and died, but I always remember the weeks. Every Thursday/Thursday night I think back. Maybe I'm still in the habit from pregnancy, when I counted the weeks.

It occurs to me that my sister is 10 weeks (and a few days) along now. Her cycle started just before ours ended. I don't know what to think about that. Or perhaps there is nothing to think. It is what it is.

8 comments:

Antigone said...

You made me look at my calendar and count. It was exactly 8 weeks ago that my water broke. I delivered at 11:20 that night.

Amy said...

Today is 3 months to the day that William came into the world still. I am thinking of you and sending you hugs, it is an incredibly difficult time. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

I still count days, I have them all in my head. I count weeks too. I should be 38 weeks along.

Anonymous said...

Yep. Thursdays and Saturdays just plain suck.

I haven't counted the weeks in awhile. It took a conscious effort to stop doing that, but I managed. Mostly, I just don't look at calendars. I had to throw out all of our new 2008 calendars because as soon as I bought them, I marked each week with what week of pregnancy I was in with big circles around my due date.

Big hugs to you on this oh so crappy thursday.

CLC said...

I count the weeks too. Every Friday I note another week has passed since I lost her. Tomorrow tis Friday the 14th, which was the same in December when I lost her. Like I need to relive this again. As if I don't do it every minute.

I read your last post too and it made me so sad. I am so sorry you had to go through this. It's hard to write about, but I think it's good to record what you can remember.

Natalie said...

I don't know how to stop counting the weeks. Every saturday was when I took my belly picture. It's only been a week, but I don't see myself getting through a saturday without thinking about that.

Hugs.

meg said...

The weeks are hard. Though now, I am into the months. 6 months, just about, for me.

c. said...

Initially, I thought in weeks, too. It makes me sick that I have to count at all.

Re: your sister - yes, it is what it is.

niobe said...

I decided very early on that I was not going to count days or weeks and that I was going to force myself to forget. And now, for the life of me, I couldn't remember the dates that either of the twins died -- no matter how hard I tried.

But, then again, I really am the Queen of Denial.