Monday, November 10, 2008

Crap

I just spent the last 2 hours paying a bunch of bills, most of them medical, some of them (supposedly) overdue and come to find out that the Peri, the one who saw me ONCE during the month of November for my amnio, his associate saw me ONCE during the month of November for my NT screening has sent my bill over to collections (bills paid left and right for for every goddammmed service you could ask for (oh, and I love getting billed twice for ultrasounds because they were twins -- twice the jelly?), yes, so that bill has gone over to collections. How much is tht bill you ask? How much??

$7,000.00


Yes, I yelled and ranted an cried and cocld not find one goddammed person who could give me any information because by the time I finally reached an office that might have any information it was past business hours.

I know most of this was overed by I am so angry by the bureaucracy and carelessness and the fact that my babies DIED under their care, but I still owe some rediculous amount, after insurance, I'm sure. Once I thnk I have one bill taken care of another shows in the mail.

There's some joke about being worth more dead than alive, but between this and financial aid for grad school I'm not sure it's true.

7 comments:

Tash said...

I know this well. Too well. There were so many things I wanted to write on the bill before sending it back.

I'm so sorry.

c. said...

That's big. And you still lost your sons on top of it. I'm sorry.

k@lakly said...

Oh Gid, that's awful. Send them a dollar a month in pennies....
xxoo

Newt said...

Oh, how painful. I hope you get a reasonable human being tomorrow who can get rid of the bill, and give you the apology that you deserve, which won't be enough but it will be something.

$7,000 could not possibly be right.

Anonymous said...

This makes me sick, absolutely sick. I'm so sorry. SO sorry.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that all sh*t hits the financial fan when you can't do anything about it? I swear it's a conspiracy....I'm sorry you're having to deal with that on top of everything else - insult to injury. That amount sounds ludicrous.....

Thinking of you...

Martin said...

That makes me physically sick at the thought.