Friday, December 25, 2009

So far

It has been a quiet, sleepy day. Not terribly cold, but raining, on and off. I've spent most of the day in bed, dozing. Only a half a Klon.opin after walking the dog let me go back to sleep after her walk.

Woke for a while mid-day, talked to my dad for an hour, surfed on-line. Got a tongue-bath from the kitty, sleepy snuggles from the dog.

It's about 5:30 pm and I'm up, looking for something to eat. Considering making a list, as the house looks the same as it did last night. The dog will need to be walked soon, and fed, as will the cats.

I'm thinking one more half a K will get me through the evening, as I can feel some anxiety rising, but just a little. I think I will be able to get through this day, clean a little, cry a little and it will be okay.

There is still the call from C's family. I believe they are all snowed in, so I don't know when it will come, how they will work the holiday this year. That call will be hard and, really, my main motivation for a little bit of something to settle the nerves.

Also, Mother Nature brought her gift today. Yes, that's right, it CD1. How's that for poetic?

The dog is asking for something. I'll post more later.

Thank you for being here, and for your notes and wishes. It means a lot.

8 comments:

Tash said...

You know, back in the day, when the phone was a novelty and there were party lines and such, they used to (according to my grandparents) DRESS UP just to use the phone it was such a big deal. Of course, now I'm totally with you, you need to fucking medicate before picking up certain numbers. Times, changed.

Hang tough. Sounds like we're inside all day tomorrow the crap that just blew through your neck of the woods.

Ya Chun said...

almost over...

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to stop by today to let you know i've been thinking of you and c today. --carole

Michele said...

Thinking of you...

CLC said...

Thinking of you Sue!

k@lakly said...

There's something so crazy funny in a cat giving baths. Our little 'mama' cat does it to me too. I tell the husband it's my facial, (and I try not to think about where or what else she's bathed recently...)
Hope the time with your human buddy helps to brighten things up:)
xxoo

Aunt Becky said...

I'm here too. All day. I'm around.

Julia said...

We are away, and the internets are spotty. But I wanted you to know I am thinking about you and yours. And hoping things are better now, post phone call and on to the time with your visiting friend.