Saturday, January 2, 2010

You'd have thought I'd have learned by now

Just had my 3rd u/s appt with the RE. Of the four folls, only one grew significantly, another grew a little and the others not really at all.

This has never happened to me before. "As you approach 40...Do as much as we can to make the most of each cycle..." Yeah, thanks. We're doing back to back IUIs to try to maximize our chances, considering what we are lacking seems to be growing. If that makes any sense.

Silly me. I'd been getting my hopes up for this one.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Crap. I'm sorry, Sue.

Tash said...

My hopes are still up post surgery. I can't believe I just copped to that.

Hang tough, Sue. Thinking of you this week.

Unknown said...

crap is right. but like tash my hopes are up post-surgery. and i'm going to totally cop to something else -- pls don't hate me for it -- it only takes one, right?

thinking calm and optimistic thoughts for you and your upcoming weeks....

k@lakly said...

I was right there with you...hoping. And I still am. But man, I sure wish it was easier for you. Absolutely.
xxoo

Michele said...

As our RE told us on Alex's cycle, it only takes one... Praying that it only takes one for you and that this one is it.

Julia said...

Shit, I am sorry. And I am torn. Because I too was getting my hopes up. And still, like Tash, I have to put stock in the post surgery bit. Damn.