Sunday, January 17, 2010

12 dpo**

Wow. So, it's been a while. Sorry about that.

It's been a weird difficult couple of weeks. Well, 13 days.

Fortunately, I've been busy enough that I haven't been counting the moments until I could poas. Unfortunately, I've been kind of a mess.

The semester started again this past week. The weekend before that included a visit from my dad, which was nice, except for the migraine I developed (complete with nausea) the day before he arrived. I pounded the Tyle.nol and we each took a nap each day, so we were able to do stuff and enjoy the time together. I finally took some OTC migraine medicine the day before he left and it went away, mostly.

I haven't been able to get much work done. Not what I've needed to. There's a lot of sitting and staring. Sleeping. Compulsively screwing around on line and with my phone. I cried at the pharm's office, kind of out of the blue.

I'd like to believe this has been recovery from the holidays and anniversaries, combined with all the drugs and hormones. I haven't taken any K since probably 1 or 2 dpo. And even that was a tiny dose. I just need to get my butt in gear.

*****
So, today is 12 dp. Past ovulation. Past the second IUI. I did a bo.oster hcg shot a week ago. It was Ovi.drel, one of those 250 iu doses. Anyone know how long that takes to metabolize? I've been poas since Friday night to see if I could see it disappear from my system, but the line (light, but very clear) doesn't seem to be getting lighter. Haven't tried yet today, but will be soon. Maybe today's will show something useful.

Aren't you proud of me? I waited until the evening of 10 dp to start with this craziness. I didn't feel like I was hy.persti.mming, so I thought the booster would be a good idea, especially in that it would force me to wait a bit before getting out the pee sticks. Of course, now I'm googling "ovid.rel metabolize" instead of "oh.ss." Ah, well.

*****
I have really been struggling to write, to read, to focus on anything. Even drafting a blog post felt like a lot. But, as usual, writing makes me feel a little better. Maybe I'm turning the corner, even though this is a lame, whiny post about how fucked up I've been.

Thanks for sticking around. By Tuesday, the sticks should be back to stark white. Or, you know, who knows. I'll keep you posted.


**ETA: The line is much lighter than yesterday. This is either good or bad. We shall see, I guess.

5 comments:

k@lakly said...

I'm useless with assvice here. I hope the time between now and Tuesday goes quickly and that the sticks show you something cleraly, 'positive', :)
xxoo

Michele said...

I used Ovidrel for all but one of my RE cycles and it usually took about 5-7 days to clear (when it showed up at all) but I'm funky since I rarely excrete hCG.

Fingers crossed!

Tash said...

Here, waiting.

Anonymous said...

with tash. and of course, with you. xo. --c.

G$ said...

Usually takes about 10days for the 10k dose that I have had in the past. Hanging here with you, in the icky wait.