Monday, June 29, 2009

So close

Have you seen the first "Lor.d of the Ri.ngs" movie, the one where the fellowship is traveling through some mines or something, and they make it all the way to the last platform and they think, exhale, they are just about safe, just about out of the mines?

Gand.alf, the Wizard, it appears, has fought off this dragon-like creature (forgive me I don't know the name), who appears to fall to his death, but at the last moment, the creature's tail swoops up and catches Gand.alf's leg and drags him down. G holds on for just a moment, long enough to admonish his fellowship to "run, you fools!" before he is swept silently into an infinite (and possibly fiery) abyss.

That about sums it up.

9 comments:

G$ said...

I hear ya.

But Gandalf came back, albeit without color.

Wait.

xo

Newt said...

I'm about to earn my nerd stripes or lose them, I'm not sure which. Without doing a web search, I think that's a Balrog there.

And my first thought was the same as G$'s, that Gandolf comes back with crazy new powers and a very fast horse. I'm sorry to hear the abyss has opened back up; I hope your metaphor proves prophetic.

Aunt Becky said...

Hang in there STE. I am the only person on the planet that didn't see the movies (I know, I know. I just saw Star Wars for the first time), but I'm sorry you're falling.

I'll be here to catch you in my hammy arms. I am not afraid of fire or abysses.
(abyssi?!?).

Tash said...

I saw the damn movie, and I can't remember this scene for the life of me. So someone had better shout directions or I'm barbecue.

Can I lend you a marshmallow?

Mrs. Spit said...

Newt, if you are a geek, I'm not sure what I am - because I knew immediately what it was.

Michele said...

but he doesnt die... there's a sequel... there's always a sequel...

k@lakly said...

I'm up for some dragon slaying, or ass kicking, whichever you need. Otherwise, when life gives you fire breathing dragons, I'm with Tash, roast marshmallows.

loribeth said...

LOL @ k@lakly!

And sending you some (((hugs))). (And marshmallows!)

Amy said...

joining the ranks of Tash and K@lakly...I have a whole bag of Marshmellows, wait, I have 3!

Thinking of you...

Just a side note but the word verification for me on this is...suckli! I find that rather funny!